Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Romaine Lettuce and Radicchio Salad..... and an award

Here's a simple summer salad that can be put together in minutes.

Ingredients:
Romaine lettuce & radicchio (I used Dole's Italian blend)
8-10 cherry tomatoes
For the dressing:
Olive oil
Dijon Mustard
Honey
Red wine vinegar
Chopped walnuts (toasted in the oven for 3-4 minutes)
Crumbled Feta cheese (to top the salad)
Salt & pepper to taste.
(I did not measure the ingredients for the dressing, just kept mixing & throwing things in till the dressing tasted right.)
Method:
Prepare the dressing. Add to the salad & toss well.
Serve!


It’s raining awards in the blogosphere and I too have been given my very own award by dear Manisha of Indian Food Rocks. I am so happy! Thank you very much, Manisha, for the honour.

The Power of Schmooze Award is for bloggers who "effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don't limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship."


This came as a real but very pleasant surprise to me as I have only been blogging for a little over a month. I am very glad that I am now a part of this online community of food bloggers.
I love visiting other blogs when I get a chance, it is so much fun to read what others have to say /offer.

Now, it’s my turn to spread the joy around!
I would actually like to pass this on to every single blogger who has made this a better place but I'm sure there are rules about that. For now, I’d like to pass on this award to (in no particular order)
Suma (Veggie Platter)
Keep up the good work!!


Happy Independence Day!

40 Burps:

Manasi said...

Hi... THANK U!!THANK U!! This is an honour!! Love u babe!! It feels so good to be a part of this wonerful world of blogging,so much to learn and sooooo much that gladdens the heart and motivates the spirit!

The salad looks wonderful.. must try! I am just learnign to appreciate salads... up until I stepped in to the blogosphere, I was a TOTAL junk food fan...see... i'm learnign already!!!

Laavanya said...

A perfect summery salad TBC.

Thank you for the award! What a pleasant surprise. :)

Richa said...

Wish you a very Happy Independence day!
Salad looks so nice n colorful!

Suma Gandlur said...

I wish I knew your name,TBC. Thank you very much for the award. I am really surprised and excited at the same time.
Love the salad and happy independence day to you.

Manjula said...

I am a first timer here:)
Nice pics and a very pleasant template.

sunita said...

That is one gorgeous salad...congrats on the award, and happy ID to you too.

Roopa (KitchenAromas) said...

Very colorful salad! Congrats on the award and Happy Independence Day! :)

Dee said...

Congratulations!!! U deserve it and what a nice salad!

FH said...

Salad looks yum tbc. Great day today for us,huh? It;s fun to see all the flags and food co ordinated!
Enjoy the award!:))

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Congratulations on your award! I love radicchio!

Kanchana

Sharmi said...

lovely looking salad. wish you a happy independence day. congrats for the awards.

Unknown said...

I love your blog as well. The recipes and pictures I have seen so far are mouth watering! I can't wait to read on!

Cynthia said...

Happy Independence!

Poonam said...

Thats a great salad! Especially like the dressing.

Coffee said...

Thank you my dear! :) I am honoured!! And its so nice to see how you have in a very short time madea very schmoozing impact in the blog community! :D

That salad dresing sounds absolutely heavenly!! :)

Anonymous said...

TBC, you're a schmoozer alright! And really the award has nothing to do with how young your blog is. You've more than made your presence felt and you've always done it in such a charming way! You definitely deserve the award!

Raaga said...

Congrats!! Every bit deserved :)

Srivalli said...

TBC..congrats on your awards...as manisha said...getting this award not necessary mean you have to be around for years....

and your salad looks very colourful...

Srivalli
www.cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com

Rachna said...

hey congrats for the award... great salad!

Nupur said...

Thank you for the award, my dear! It made my day :) That salad looks so refreshing!

TBC said...

Manasi, you are so welcome. I know exactly what u mean & how u feel about blogging:-)
I was always a big rice -eater but have been trying to change my eating habits of late.


Laavanya,
Yes, it is, and so simple to make too.
You are so welcome. Enjoy your award!



Richa,
Thank you.I find that my chances of eating a whole bunch of leaves are more when it looks pleasing to the eye & has a little bit of color at least!;-)



Suma,
You are welcome. You really deserve it!
For now, TBC it shall continue to be:-)I am one of those super-paranoid people, u see. Hopefully the paranoia will wear off soon. I am already beginning to feel more comfortable around here.



Manjula,
Welcome! It's nice to have u here:-)



Sunita,
Thank you ... and thank you :-)



Roopa,
Thank you .



Dee,
Thanks a whole bunch. You are too kind.



Asha,
Yeah, this day is beginning to mean more now than ever before. Being away from your country does do that to you.
BTW, you are still around? I thought u were on a mini-vacation? Anyway, have fun!:-)



Kanchana,
Welcome to my blog & thank you:-)


Sharmi,
Thank you very much:-)



Erin,
Thanks for stopping by.You are being too kind.



Cynthia,
Thank you very much:-). It is so nice to see you here again.



Poonam,
I too liked the dressing, it was sweet and tangy:-)



Coffee,
You are welcome! And you know u deserve that award.
Thank you for saying such nice things, it makes me feel so good:-)


Manisha,
You are being way too nice now;-), but I am not complaining one bit! This is so good for my ego. :-)


Raaga,
You are so sweet, thank you! :-)


Srivalli,
Thnak you for your kind words,It means a lot to me:-)


Rachana,
It is nice tosee you here again. I had visited your blog hoping to seea new post but... Hope you get back to blogging something soon.



Nupur,
You are such a sweet person. You do so much for the community & give back in as many different ways as you can . I am so glad that I am getting to know more about you through One Hot Stove.
You are truly one of those who does make a difference & you are an inspiration to so many!
Keep up the good work!
- and you are very welcome:-)

Swaruchy said...

Hi tbc...Congrats on ur award dear.....The salad looks great :-)

Patricia Scarpin said...

A good salad is always a fresh breeze!

Padma said...

Salad looks colorful, fresh and welcoming. Congrats for the well deserving awards.

Suganya said...

Congrats for the award.... Nice recipe....

Dhana said...

What s great looking salad. Congratulations on the award!!

archana said...

Nice salad. I liked your presentation. Congrats for the award :)

Latha Narasimhan said...

Congrats for the award!

Your salad is looking delicious!

Archana has given me this award and It takes great effort for me to manoeuvre in the blogosphere! :))

TBC said...

Sirisha, thank you!

Patricia,
Yes, it is! I am beginning to appreciate salads more these days.


Padma,
Thank you:-)You are so sweet.
BTW, have u had a chance to try out the tomato-cucumber curry?


Sukanya, thanks:-)


Dhana,
Thanks for the encouragement & the appreciation.


Archana,
Thank you!
Congrats on all your awards. You deserve them!



Latha,
Thank you very much!.
Congrats on your award:-)Do visit only when you want to & have the time. There are no rules about this kind of thing, u know;-)
BTW, I am still having trouble figuring out which latha you are. There are at least 3 by the same name!Could you please leave your blogs'URL if you visit the next time & if you come back here to read this!:-)

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Hey,

Just saw your comment on another site about how your folks were in Adyar. My hubby's family is still in Adyar, I love the place. And we used to stay with friends in R.A.Puram another lovely neighborhood!

Wish I could be in Chennai now...

Kanchana

Latha Narasimhan said...

TBC, I am surprised you did not leave a comment in the festival event! There are no restrictions such as religion for the event.
I am latha from yumblog. just click on my name and you'll land in my blog.(my daughter does these things for me)
At the age of 46 I have learnt computers. It is only matter of time before I catch up with all of you on computer knowledge.

Padma said...

Congrats! you received an award, check my blog for details

Viji said...

Thanks TBC. Only today i was able to access this post :). the salad is refreshing. Viji

SeeC said...

Congrats TBC !!! (not a TBC anymore isn't it)

and Thanks for passing it to me.I am really previleged.

Salad looks nutritious. I really adore your photography.

TBC said...

Hi Kanchana,
Yeah, I love Chennai even though I had lived there for only about 6-7 months. My parents were there for about 8 years. We have fond memories of our days in Chennai.My mom still misses Chennai a lot. They are now in Kerala .

TBC said...

Latha,
Wow! I had no idea! You rock!!!My mom is very scared of even going near a computer. The only time she does,is to dust it!
Thank you for the invitation to participate. I will do my best but am not very sure as I have a lot going on.

Padma,
Thank you so much . that is very nice of you. I have been around for only a little over a month & it is really very encouraging :-)

Viji, thank you:-)


Seec, you are being very nice now:-)About the award, you really deserve it.In spite of your busy schedule you take the time to visit new blogs. You were one of the first ones to encourage me by leaving comments. I really appreciate it!
When you say nice things about my photography, it really makes me feel so good.
BTW, I will get to your meme soon.

Cris said...

I had to come back here to check your dressing, I love dressings! I have some blue cheese in my fridge, I think that will do to top the salad! Thanks!

TBC said...

Cris, thanks for coming back:-)

Rajitha said...

very nice salad.. will have to try it sometime...

TBC said...

Thanks, Rajitha.

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here! Thanks for stopping by.