Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pasta with roasted Bell Pepper-Cherry Tomato sauce

Ingredients:
13-16 ounces of pasta (I used bow-tie pasta)
¾ cup of roasted bell pepper (I used the store-bought ones that came in a jar)
15-20 cherry tomatoes, halved
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
4-5 garlic cloves (depending on taste)
1 tsp dried herbs (I used ½ tsp each of rosemary & thyme)
Feta cheese to top the pasta
Chopped fresh herbs for garnishing
Salt & Pepper


Method:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook according to the package instructions or until al dente. Drain well & return to the pot.


In a baking dish/sheet, toss the halved cherry tomatoes with the garlic cloves, dried herbs, salt and pepper.Drizzle olive oil on top of this & mix everything. Pop it in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes burst open releasing their juices. Cool for a bit.

Blend/Puree the roasted tomatoes along with the roasted bell peppers to make a thick sauce.

Pour the sauce mixture over the cooked pasta and toss gently a few times.Crumble some Feta cheese over the top, garnish with some herbs and serve hot or cold.

Update: I am sending this over to Ruth who hosts the weekly Presto Pasta Nights . Thanks for giving me the opportunity to participate, Ruth.

31 Burps:

Seena said...

very easy recipe TBC. have bookmarked it.

Latha said...

The pasta looks delicious!

Latha Narasimhan said...

Hi TBC! My son loves pasta and I can try this sauce! Your picture is great!

Laavanya said...

What a luscious sauce that is TBC and I'm sure that feta would've been great with the tomatoes. Love it.

amna said...

thanks for ur onam wishes :) i do agree that payasam is not really a popular favourite.

and one of these days i really have to try pasta. simply everyone in the food blog world have a dish with pasta. one of these days..

Namratha said...

I simply adore Pasta...this looks great, and I do have Farfalle on hand, will try it:)

Mandira said...

love the color of the pasta, looks delicious TBC :)

archana said...

I like the sauce you made. It is simple and unusual. I am book marking the recipe :)Picture looks lovely :)

Anonymous said...

Pasta looks colourful and lovely, simple to make too.......

Mansi said...

Hi TBC, I prefer pasta to noodles and your sauce looks great; I make pasta regularly so will def give this a try:)

And I'll try to post bigger pics on my blog:)

FH said...

WOW!! Beautiful color tbc. We love Pasta dish anytime!Delicious:))
Good job.

Sreelu said...

TBC dear, recipe bookmarked, such lovely ingredient,I love feta cheese on top of anything.

Will give this a shot,did you used red or green pepper ?

Padma said...

TBC, pasta looks great and must great too...loved that pic...

Swaruchy said...

Thanks for the recipe tbc.....have never tried pasta before....will try it now :-)

Richa said...

pasta looks yum, there's something @ roasted pepper, isn't it :)

Rajitha said...

the pic looks really nice....love pasta.

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Sounds delicious. I have some peppers in the fridge, I think I'm going to make this up!

Kanchana

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Recently I made spaghetti with all veggies roasted - zucchini,bell peppers,onion and garlic, but did not make it into a sauce. I shd try your version, delish!

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Recently I made spaghetti with all veggies roasted - zucchini,bell peppers,onion and garlic, but did not make it into a sauce. I shd try your version, delish!

Viji said...

I should admit that, i don't prefer pastas - still yours look yummy, and feel like grabbing. Viji

bha said...

pasta looks lovely and comforting

TBC said...

Seena, do let me know how it turns out when you make it:-)

Latha,
Welcome & thanks!

Latha N., thank you:-)


Laavanya, I loved the flavor of the roasted tomatoes , it was soooooo good!


Nags, do try it ; you won't be disappointed :-)



Namratha, any kind will work... but these looked so cute that I used them :-)


Mandira, thanks.


Archana, I am sure you will like it.


Madhu , yeah simple & bursting with flavors.


Mansi, do try it.
And I'm waiting for those bigger pics, girl ;-)


Asha, thanks:-)You are such a sweetheart.



Sreelu, on't add to much feta... I did that and had to take some off the top!
I used roasted red bell peppers, the store-bought ones.You could roast your own too.


Padma, thank you :-)


Sirisha,you are welcome. Give it a shot.:-)



Richa,thanks. Yeah, there sure is, but in this dish, the roasted tomatoes are clearly the " star"



Rajitha,thanks:-)


Kanchana,let me know how it turns out if u do make it.


Shankari,
Now, YOU have given me a nice idea :-)



Viji,
Thanks. I too was not a big fan of Italian cuisine but slowly things are changing:-)



Bhags, thanks:-)

Cynthia said...

I've just come from An escape to food blog and it was full of glorious pasta there and now, I come here and I am filled all over again :)

TBC said...

ha ha ha. Cynthia, I wish I could feel full just looking at food. It would help eliminate the excess baggage I carry around ;-)

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Hey TBC,

I had this last night. I had so many veggies in various stages of decay in the fridge! Cleaned 'em up, chopped 'em up, and threw 'em in a roasting pan with olive oil and some dried basil, oregano, salt and pepper, and shoved 'em in the oven. Boiled the pasta, tossed it together and garnished with feta cheese, and parsley. It was heavenly! Thanks for the feta cheese inspiration.

Kanchana

Ruth Daniels said...

It does look wonderful I'm so glad you decided to share it with Presto Pasta Nights. Check back for the round up tomorrow.

TBC said...

Kanchana, thanks for letting me know :-) Glad u liked it.


Ruth, thank YOU!

Rachna said...

your sauce is lovely and looks great with the bow pasta....yum will try it

TBC said...

Rachana, thanks... do lemme know how u liked it!

Anonymous said...

Came here from marriedtoadesi.com. Sounds delicious, we are huge pasta-addicts. This is on my to-do list!

Akila

TBC said...

Akila, thanks for stopping by. Do let me know how you like it when you make it.

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here! Thanks for stopping by.