Friday, August 31, 2007

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins

I have recently begun to enjoy making muffins and I make a batch of some kind of muffin almost regularly. There's something very magical about the whole muffin-making process. It is amazing to see that just by addition/substitution of fruits, nuts, and/or chocolate chips, the basic muffin can be transformed into a delicious treat. I just love the smell that wafts through the entire house when the muffins are baking and I am pretty sure that this is what heaven would smell like.


Dry ingredients:
1 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

Wet ingredients:
1 egg
½ cup oil
¾ cup milk
¼ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp pure orange extract

For folding in:
½ cup almonds
½ cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, chopped

Method:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.

In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well till the whole batter comes together. (Too much stirring/mixing will result in muffins that are too dense/heavy.)

Fold in the strawberries, chocolate chips and almonds. Spoon the batter and place in each paper-lined muffin cup till it is two-thirds full.

Bake for 25 minutes or so till the tops are nice and brown or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.

This recipe yields 12 muffins.


42 Burps:

Srivalli said...

Very nice round up

Srivalli said...

the muffins looks so tempting.....

Padma said...

Those muffins look tempting, feeling like grabing them..

Pravs said...

Beautiful muffin.. feel like having one.

archana said...

Muffins are looking sooooooooo nice TBC. I have never made muffins ever because I don't have a tray, but will surely buy one to make your recipe :) There is only one egg in the recipe which is good :)

Raaga said...

I wish I could pick one up and bite in right now.

Anonymous said...

Hey; delicious looking muffin.
And the combination stawberry and chocolate HAVEN.
I do agree it is great to make muffins.

Cynthia said...

This is a beautiful combination for such little cups of deliciousness :)

Rajitha said...

they look so good...love the close-up shot and easy to make 2

Savithri said...

Mmmm! Chocolate and strawberry:) How can you go wrong!

Viji said...

Hi TBC, well raised and perfect muffins to relish. Viji

Lia said...

beautiful muffin!!

Shah cooks said...

u are right.. its interesting to see the variations possible in the muffins and the smell when its feshly baked..awesome!

Suma Gandlur said...

Loved to look at your muffins with all those strawberry chunks. I was kind of busy and was not blog hopping.
I loved your tomatoey raita. The texture and color of it is so gorgeous.

SeeC said...

Muffin looks very professional.
Good job .

Kajal said...

This is very nice combination of muffins with Strawberry and Chocolate. I always love muffins because it contains less fat as compare to cake. Looks absolutely delicious.....If possible then send it...:)

Sreelu said...

TBC,
Looks so delicious, looks very moist.wish I could dig in

Latha Narasimhan said...

Nice cute cakes TBC! I always bake in a large dish! after seeing so many cupcakes I too am temted to make tham!

Rachna said...

aw...these cupcakes look so perfect....

amna said...

wow! never seen this unique combi before - strawberry with choc.. and the muffin inside pic looks awesome!

musical said...

The last picture says it all! YUMMY!

TBC said...

Srivalli-? I think that was meant for one of the other blogs:-)


Srivalli, Padma, Pravs, Raaga, Happy Cook, Cynthia, Rajitha, Savithri, Viji, Lia, Shaheen, Seec, Sreelu, Latha, Rachna, Nags and Musical-thank you very much for all the compliments & comments.Your encouraging words mean a lot to me:-)



Archana, do give ita shot...it's pretty easy to make.I have made eggless muffins before.You could probably add a banana or some applesauce instead.

Suma,thanks:-)Good to have you back.


Kajal, muffins coming ur way as soon as u send me ur address ;-)

FH said...

Looks yum tbc,wish I had some now!:)

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Oooooh! Beautiful strawberry and chocolate muffins!

WokandSpoon said...

Ooo, gorgeous muffins and I like the new layout!!

Laavanya said...

Strawberry and Chocolate go together well usually don't they? Your muffins look very nice TBC.

WokandSpoon said...

Hmmm....I just added a comment saying that I like your new layout but I just realised that it's not new! There's actually another Budding Cook as well and I got you confused ;-) sorry!

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

wow!!..yummy muffins, this and the previous ones you had come up with...i think its high time that you change your name from a budding cook to a "full-bloom"!!!..coz, u know what, last month, i got myself too much interested in cooking and stuff, to be precise, after meeting Viji of Vcuisine, purchased a pack of ready -to-make muffin mix, and paper cups ..(but not the muffin moulds!!!!)..read the instructions carefully, which said to preheat the oven to 425 degs...and found myself staring at the oven, and wondering "oh, my..this oven heatd up only till 250 deg's!, how do i make my muffins..!!..anyway, went along to make it in the shape of a cookie, but got baked to the toughness of a hard burned biscut!!!..later did i realize, again from Viji(thanks to her!).that the temp shown on the pack is fahrenheit, and not degree celcius!!!....i am sooo illiterate, isnt it??/..have got a looong way to goo!!!!

TBC said...

AKSAAWRH...lol:-).. u r so funny.
First, welcome to my blog & thanks for leaving a comment. Thank you so much for all the nice things u have said about my blog. It feels really good.
You are being too hard on yourself now. Give it some time and you will do just great;-)

TBC said...

Asha, hope you are getting a little better every day. Please take rest & take care. Hugs to u.


EMYK, thanks:-)


Wokandspoon, but u still like my layout, right? ;-)
Thnaks for stopping by.



Laavanya,yeah they do, I just love that combo. Thanks:-)

Bindiya said...

hi,love ur blog ,its so well put together and yes! u should change the name to full bloom lol,these muffins definitely look heavenly

TBC said...

Bindiya, thank you very much for the generous compliments. But don't u think I can get away with much more if I am still a budding cook!;-)

Anonymous said...

first time here.great blog and nive recipes.I liked the muffin pictures. you seem like an expert chef not a budding cook :)
Madhavi

TBC said...

Madhavi, welcome & thank you! :-)
I am no expert cook. Like many others, I too started cooking after I got married and out of necessity!. Thank you for your kind words:-)

Divya and Chaya said...

Hi TBC,
Thanks so much for visiting us! You have a GREAT blog here- v have added u to our blogroll.

TBC said...

D & C, thanks for stopping by:-)
Thank you for adding me to your blogroll.

Sarah R said...

These look absolutely divine! I added you to my blogroll too :) Hope you don't mind!

Deepa Kuber said...

i loved this too.. looks great..

TBC said...

Sarah: I'm just a little late getting here!;-) Thanks for adding me. :-)


Anjali- thank you. :-)

Anonymous said...

This recipe was amazing, I tried to make the muffins and they turned out perfectly. However, I actually had to add 1 c. more flour because my batter was too runny,but in the end they were high and perfect.

Marlin said...

Just made these. They are soo good! I decided to skip the orange extract and used 2 tsp of vanilla and the taste is awesome. thank you for sharing this recipe!

TBC said...

Marlin- So glad the recipe worked for you- thanks for letting me know! The vanilla sounds like a great addition- I should try that the next time I make these.

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here! Thanks for stopping by.