Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Glimpse Of Montreal

H and I spent a couple of days in Montreal earlier this month. Here are a few pictures that I took during our trip.

from balcony
A view of the city from my sister's balcony...


IMG_6537
Inside the Chalet du Mont-Royal


IMG_6543
A view from the Chalet du Mont-Royal overlooking downtown Montreal in the distance.


IMG_6538
Looking out through a window of the chalet


Mont-Royal cross
The cross atop Mount Royal


view1
View of downtown Montreal


IMG_6635
Montreal Biosphère


IMG_6684
One of the city's top attractions- The Montreal International Fireworks Competition


Atwater market
The Atwater Market's tower


Lachine canal cruise
The Lachine Canal cruise


IMG_6805
Parking signs in French


IMG_6809
Old Montreal is a major tourist attraction and is rich in history, beautiful architecture and culture.


IMG_6810


IMG_6836


IMG_6832
View of the entrance to the Notre-Dame Cathedral


IMG_6838
Inside the Notre-Dame Cathedral, Old Montreal


IMG_6858
The Altar


IMG_6905
Candles burning brightly...


IMG_6867
The stained glass windows of the basilica


IMG_6959


IMG_7037
Montreal City Hall


IMG_6965
Flags of Montreal, Canada and Quebec, outside City Hall, fluttering in the breeze

18 Burps:

amna said...

The cathedral is so pretty!!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

The parking signs in French are a HOT MESS.

Sometimes, you get to see 4 or 5 parking signs, telling you what times you can and cannot park

On Mondays, but not Thursdays, 4-8 p.m. except if it's from January to March, and only if the sky is blue...

LOL!!!

Soma said...

Beautiful Captures!

TBC said...


Nags- It is! My pics just don't do it justice. I was awestruck by the stunning and intricate craftsmanship and beauty of it all.


FB- welcome to my blog.:D
I agree with you about the parking signs- we found out for ourselves and learnt the hard way when we got a parking ticket for parking in what we thought was a spot that was alright. Turns out that the signs had completley peeled off and what we thought was a " parking spot" was actually a "no parking" zone. Sigh!
We've taken pics of the street and the parking signs of the place where we were parked and plan to contest the ticket. Let's see how it goes... We might have to end up paying for it though...

BTW, I just checked out one of your blogs (Fabulously Broke) and I like what I see. I'll have to visit again when I have some more time.


Soma- thank you! I think I went a little crazy clicking almost EVERYTHING I saw! :D
I think I spent more time capturing everything thro' my camera than actually seeing it thro' my own eyes.:D

Rajitha said...

The pics are lovely...the cathedral looks amazing! btw. where is your pic huh :D....if i plans to go to montreal..i know the right person to bug!!

Sakshi said...

The place is awesome...loved the old architecture (am a sucker for old buildings) and you have beautifully captured the interiors of the Notre Dame

karuna said...

hey lovely pics. Loved it when I was there last oct. I was in India for a vacation too

Janaki Gopikrishna said...

photgraphy at its best and the colors also looks amazing with the black background on ur blog.

Laavanya said...

What beautiful pics.. i loved the view from your sister's balcony and that cathedral is simply stunning!

Laavanya said...

Hey.. i just saw your comment about mangoes here and also remembered that we talked about the difficulty in finding good mangoes - try the ones called Ataulfo or Champagne (also available in Costco) in packs of 6. They've been good so far for me this summer and one of my friend here has been buying those 2 varieties for a while now.

Vaishali said...

It's been four years since I was in Montreal, and your pictures reminded me how beautiful it was. French Canada is quite an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing these, TBC.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

awesome collection, TBC!!!!!! Love the ones shot inside the cathedral........would love to see you posting pics more often....may be even start a blog solely dedicated to your photography????

Daniel said...

Agreed on the French parking signs. Hard to understand even if you DO speak the language!

These are exceptional photos, thanks for sharing.

Dan
Casual Kitchen

Pragyan said...

Wow TBC, Awesome pics! Love the new look of your blog..sure it's been a long time since I blog-hopped and caught up with everyone! :( The cathedral pics reminded me of my Santa Fe trip..had spent one Sunday only visiting the different cathedrals in different corners of the city!

Cynthia said...

Thanks for sharing those stunning pics. The ones of the cathedral are amazing!

Amy Green (Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free) said...

Hi! I so enjoy your blog and the fabulous recipes you share. I linked to your red pepper hummus & wanted to shoot you an e-mail but can't find an address. Giving my readers other good options is important, and I thought your hummus looked incredible.

TBC said...



Rajitha- thank you... my pic is in my album, u silly girl! ;-)


Sakshi- I love heritage buildings too.:D
I have thousands of pics; it was difficult to select just a few for the blog.:)


Karuna- thak you. I think I remember your post from last year especially since it was about Montreal. :)


Janaki- thank you.:)
Black happens to be my fav color.


Laavanya- thank you.
I am so sorry I did not respond earlier... have been so busy. Thanks for the tip about the mangoes. I've seen the Champagne ones in my store here... they're so ridiculously priced though. Have not heard of Ataulfo mangoes... will look for it now.:) Hope you're doing good.



Vaishali- Montreal is a beutiful place- both in summer and in winter. We got a taste of Europe without even leaving North America. :)

Moi- thank you! Coming from you, it means a lot to me.:) The cathedral was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. Anyone would have been able to capture that. :)


Daniel- :) We got a ticket for parking in one of those no-parking zones.
I'm glad you liked the pics.:)


Pragyan- hello!!! it has been a while since I've seen you. Did you disappear for a bit?
Let me check out your space and see what you've been doing lately...:)


Cynthia- you are welcome, and thank you! :)


Amy- thank you so much for linking to my post. I'm glad you liked the hummus.
Regarding my e-mail id- it's right below the Food Blog Search tool on the right-hand side of my blog.
Thank you for your kind words.:)


Siri said...

those are some lovely pics TBC. Fireworks competetion - WHOA! that must have been great fun. love the cathedral photos too!

Siri

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here! Thanks for stopping by.